Director of Hayes Traffic Enginerring & Senior Traffic Engineer
B.Eng (Civil) RPEQ 7086
Dianne is a senior traffic engineer with considerable experience in public and private sector traffic projects. She has worked in Australia with the Queensland Department of Main Roads, TTM and Tate Professional Engineers. Dianne has also worked in the UK with Hyder Consulting and Transport for London on inner London’s Congestion Charging Scheme. She has been involved with a range of traffic engineering projects from detailed traffic analysis and reporting, to road construction and various urban traffic improvement schemes. Dianne has worked closely with local government authorities and other traffic representatives to improve and manage the road network in both urban and regional Queensland. Dianne has a Bachelor of Civil Engineering and is a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) from Queensland University of Technology
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland No. 7086
- Member of the Australian Institute of Traffic Planning and Management
- Transport & Main Roads Registered Senior Road Safety Auditor
- March 2006 to Present, Director, Hayes Traffic Engineering, Sunshine Coast.
- August 2004 – March 2006 Senior Civil Engineer, Tate Professional Engineers, Sunshine Coast
- March 2003 – August 2004, Senior Traffic Engineer, TTM Consulting, Sunshine Coast.
- January 2003 – May 2003, Traffic Engineer, Department of Main Roads, Mooloolaba.
- April 2002 – December 2002, Senior Traffic Engineer, Hyder Consulting/ Transport for London, London UK.
- January 2002 – April 2002, Senior Traffic Engineer, Colin Buchanan & Partners, London UK.
- May 2001 – December 2001, Project Engineer (Pavement Rehabilitation), RTCS Main Roads, Sunshine Coast.
- January 1999 – May 2001, Traffic Engineer, Department of Main Roads, Mooloolaba.
Dianne is also a member of the Sunshine Coast Regional Council Transport Community Group representing the Development Industry and a Committee member of the Queensland Branch of the Australian Institute of Traffic Planning & Management.
Roles, Responsibilities, Experience and Expertise
Traffic Engineering Consultant for the Development Sector
Senior Traffic Engineer for traffic impact assessments and traffic engineering advice for commercial, residential and industrial developments across Queensland. Regularly part of project team meetings for initial design through to detailed design and construction. Provision of technical advice regarding traffic generation, traffic distribution, impact on the operational performance of the road network and advice on parking layouts and access arrangements. Excellent knowledge of AS2890 Parking Requirements, Austroads Road Design Guidelines, Queensland Streets Guidelines and RTA Guide to Traffic Generating Developments.
Civil Engineer for Subdivision Development
Senior Civil Engineer for the supervision of design and contract administration for Peregian Springs residential sub division including contract administration of the roundabout on the Sunshine Motorway on behalf of FKP Peregian Springs.
Traffic Engineer for Intersection & Streetscape Projects
Traffic Engineer for the management of traffic improvement schemes for the Sunshine Coast road network. Schemes include streetscape works in Coolum Beach, Palmwoods, Nambour Speed Management Study, various intersection improvement projects, car parking strategies and pedestrian facilities. Tasks included preparation of project proposals for government funding and programming of works. Also the Management of speed and pedestrian issues on the Sunshine Coast and attendance at meetings with Council, Emergency Services and other road related stakeholders to ensure the efficiency and management of the road network.
International Traffic Engineering Experience
Senior Traffic Engineer for the management of traffic improvement schemes for Westminster City Council in London in preparation for Congestion Charging. Schemes included bus lanes, signalised pedestrian facilities, street lighting and footway works. Other works included accident investigation reports, assessment of planning applications and amendments to Traffic Orders for legislative requirements.
Site Project Engineer for Road Construction
Project Engineer for the D’Aguilar Highway Upgrade at Kilcoy. On site supervision of construction works including programming and procurement and the supervision of sub contractors.
Policy and Strategic Direction
Traffic engineer for the Sunshine Coast Council Community Transport Group discussing and reviewing Council policies for active transport and sustainable transport strategy. Team member for the TMR Roadside Vending Policy review.